Tuesday, May 6, 2008

No Shame Needed.



When one takes an unpopular position or refuses to utterly cast away those who have that position one will find him or herself with the same enemies. We have a Great Shepherd in whom we can place our trust. The psalmist writes:

Psalm 25:1 To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul. 2 O my God, in you I trust; let me not be put to shame; let not my enemies exult over me.3 Indeed, none who wait for you shall be put to shame; they shall be ashamed who are wantonly treacherous. ESV

The Lord, to the cross, has borne our shame. Even though we sin along side our enemies we are not going to be put to shame over it. Those who make themselves enemies of God’s children also make Him an enemy as well. Their treachery does not go unnoticed by our Lord. We can only pray that the Lord grant them true repentance and restoration. May they feel the shame they want to inflict on others so to cling to the cross for forgiveness.

Lifting one’s soul to the Lord he or she is hidden in Him. No lasting harm can befall there for He has descended to the lowest parts and into destruction for His loved ones. He will raise us up on the last day and today as well when we cast all this care upon Him.

Father, forgive them in the Name and for the sake of Jesus for they know not what they do. Amen †

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for my enemies is onr of the toughest things that I do (when I do it).

And most of the time I really don't mean it. I do it because I'm supposed to do it. (Forgive me Lord)

The fact that we don't deserve to be along side Him ought lend us greater desire to see our enemies forgiven as well.

Excellent reminder.

Thanks...I needed that.

- Steve Martin

Anonymous said...

Does a 5 pint Lutheran have to drink 5 pints a day? Isn't that a lot of beer?

Ieuan